As a result of a whole school , teacher and parent/carer survey and focus groups at the end of the academic year, we have reviewed homework at Hampton Hill Junior school. . We focus on the key skills of spelling, reading and multiplication tables. These elements are a foundation of their learning, which is why we are now focussing on them for homework activities.
The Governors and staff at HHJS believe that homework is an important aspect of a child’s education. Research has shown that parental involvement in a child’s education has a significant positive effect on educational achievement.
Homework is encouraged throughout the school. To be most effective; parents, carers, staff and children need to understand its purpose.
- To develop independent learners
- To reinforce the work taught in school
- To inform the parent/carer about their child’s learning
- Good practice for transition to secondary school
- To encourage the parent/ carer to become involved with their child’s learning
Homework is deliverered through our Homeschool diary.